It’s summer here on the Gulf Coast, so that means no matter how early you get up and get going, it is going to be HOT! I love having oatmeal a few times each week for breakfast, but I don’t want to have a hot breakfast most mornings. Overnight oats to the rescue! I really enjoy them, and they are so easy to make! This has become my go to favorite recipe.
Bob’s Red Mill is by far my favorite brand of oats, and I think the thick cut oats work well for overnight oats. They retain a great texture. I also highly recommend Vanns Spices Holiday Baking Spice – it’s great in pies, cookies, and this oatmeal!
- 1/2 cup Bob's Red Mill Extra Thick Cut Oats
- 1/2 cup milk (or your favorite milk substitute)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Holiday Baking Spice (I use Vanns - it has cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cardamom)
- chopped pecans
- Add first four ingredients to a glass container and stir to combine.
- The next morning, give it another stir, add desired toppings, and enjoy!