With summer quickly approaching, I love coming up with quick and easy lunches to take to work. This one I have fallen in love with – it’s super quick to pull together, and tastes delicious!
I love how it combines cooked and raw foods, and has so much versatility.
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked in 2 cups water
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, cut into 1” dice
- 2 T olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- One bunch rainbow chard, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 bag rocket lettuce
- Optional: Red peppers, black olives
- Dressing of choice (Greek or balsamic are good options)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large bowl, drizzle 1T olive oil on the sweet potatoes and mix well. Put sweet potatoes into a shallow pan.
- Roast the sweet potatoes for 30-35 minutes, turning about halfway through cooking. They should be soft and golden brown.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cook quinoa.
- Heat 1 T olive oil in pan – add garlic, sauté briefly. Add the rainbow chard and sauté until softened.
- Combine quinoa, chickpeas, artichoke hearts, rainbow chard, and sweet potatoes in large bowl.
- For lunches, portion out the mixture. Drizzle a little dressing over it, and then top with the rocket lettuce. Enjoy!