This weekend we got to enjoy watching the Blue Angels fly! We look forward to their annual airshow – since they are stationed here, it really is a special time!
One thing we have to be sure to do is already have plenty of food planned. It’s hard to get on and off of the island with all of the visitors in town. One of the things I had in stock for this weekend that turned out absolutely delicious is this yummy tofu sandwich. When I was cooking the tofu, my husband came in asking what it was and said it smelled delicious!
I served mine on a hotdog bun, because we had plenty available, but feel free to use your favorite bread. I added some sriracha to spice things up as well!
- 1 12 ounce package tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 2 T honey
- 2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T lemon juice
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp chipotle chili powder
- Sliced radishes
- Shredded carrots
- Place pressed and cubed tofu into a glass pan with about one tsp of oil swirled on the bottom.
- In a separate container, whisk remaining ingredients. I use my dressing maker for this – so easy!
- Pour about half of the marinade on top of the tofu.
- Bake at 400 for about 8 minutes.
- Turn over tofu and add remaining marinade.
- Continue cooking until tofu is crispy around the edges, about eight more minutes.
- Pile the tofu and toppings on your bread and enjoy!