One great thing about summer around here is that fresh fruit is both delicious and cheap! I love adding fresh fruit to my lunches to give it a nice tropical taste. This Cherry and Spinach Quinoa Salad has a ton of fresh fruits and veggies in it, and it’s easy to put together!
I use the Chef’n Emulstir to mix the dressing – this is a kitchen item I highly recommend and use often. It makes making your dressing so easy!
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach leaves, sliced
- 2 cups cherries, sliced into quarters
- 1 8 ounce can pineapple chunks
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup dried blueberries or cranberries
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 3 T honey
- 3 T orange juice, plus the juice from the pineapple chunks – about 8 T
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a jar or dressing mixer and mix well.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Add the salad dressing to taste (I used about half) and gently toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.