One thing that I have been trying to do lately is increase the number of raw foods I eat. One of my favorite ways of doing this is by mixing raw vegetables with a whole wheat pasta and great sauce for my lunches. This lunch is quick and easy to put together, and tastes delicious!
I love all of the different colors you get with it!
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (hot chili sauce)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 8 cups matchstick-size pieces mixed summer vegetables (I used a broccoli stir fry mix, cutting up the larger pieces, and some matchstick carrots)
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat angel hair noodles
- 1 cup (loosely packed) thai basil
- Whisk first five ingredients in a large bowl. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water, stirring occasionally, until al dente; drain. Run noodles under cold water to cool them and drain well.
- Add to bowl with vegetables. Add basil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy!