Lately, I’ve been wanting to keep my lunches super simple. It saves time, and they end up tasting great! I love the taste of buffalo sauce, so this lunch was absolutely addicting to me. I utilized a bag of kale I had in the freezer, so I sautéed it a bit. If you are using fresh kale you can leave it raw if you’d like. This is one of those great lunches that is good warm or room temperature!!
Best of all, you won’t spend your entire day in the kitchen. After cooking the quinoa, most of your job is done – it’s mainly just assembly after that. Feel free to add your own favorite veggies. This would be great with some avocado!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- i clove garlice
- 6 cups chopped kale, de-stemmed
- 1 can rotel tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/3 cup buffalo hot sauce of your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized pot, combine 2 cups of water with 1 cup of quinoa and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and kale briefly until kale is wilted.
- In a large salad bowl, mix all of the ingredients except the dressing together.
- Prepare the dressing. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and enjoy!