This makes a great side dish and comes together quickly. You can also do what I did and serve it over sweet potatoes for lunch. I think it also would be great with pierogies. Another option would be to leave the mushrooms out and use the filling to stuff some portabellas. Love all the options here!
Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms with Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- ½ cup light cream or soy creamer
- 10 oz. fresh spinach leaves (8 cups – slice leaves a bit if large)
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Feta
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add mushrooms and sauté an additional 5 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
Stir in cream, and cook 2 minutes. Add spinach, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until spinach is wilted. Stir in feta and balsamic vinegar, and cook 2 to 3 minutes.