Little Miss loves picking out fruits and vegetables at the grocery store that she never actually eats. I always let her pick something out, but then we get home and it rarely gets eaten. Because of this, I often find myself looking for things to do with baby carrots – this is one of the best ways I’ve made them, and they’re great warm or cold!
- One pound bag baby carrots, half or quarter the larger ones
- 1/2 C orange juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- 1-2 T sweetener of your choice (I used a ginger syrup that I had, but honey or brown sugar would be good too)
- pinch of salt (to taste)
- Place carrots in medium sized pot and add water to cover. Add about a teaspoon of salt as well.
- Cover and bring to boil. Boil about three minutes, or until carrots are beginning to soften.
- Drain carrots and return to pot.
- Add all other ingredients and continue to heat over medium, stirring occasionally, and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!