It’s Thanksgiving week – what better time to talk about pumpkin? I love pumpkin in the Fall – from savory soups to sweet pies, I like it all! This is one of those great slow cooker recipes that makes your house smell wonderful while it is cooking.
It couldn’t be easier to make either – a quick sauté, and then just dump several items in your crockpot!
Perfect for people who have to work – get it started that morning and come home to dinner!
1 onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, finely minced
19 ounce can of garbanzo beans (a little over 2 cups)
1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 15-ounce can pumpkin
2 small cans green chiles
1 12-ounce bottle of lager
1 cup water
1 T cumin
1 tsp dried oregano
2 T brown sugar
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
1 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
1/2 bag fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Chop onions and garlic and sauté for about 10 minutes in a little olive oil.
- Add all of the ingredients except the spinach into the crockpot.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- About 20 minutes before serving, chop spinach and add to chili. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve with grated cheese and pumpkin cream, if desired.
Mix 1/2 cup plain yogurt with 3 tablespoons of pumpkin and salt to taste. Chill until ready to serve.