This is pretty quick and easy, and a great way to use your homemade and healthy ground beef substitute. This mixture is also really good on top of a salad.
- 2.5 C ground beef substitute
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 package broccoli slaw mix
- Black pepper
To make the coleslaw, combine everything but the broccoli slaw mix to make the dressing. Put the slaw mix in a bowl with a lid, pour dressing on top, and toss to coat. Store in the fridge until you’re ready for it.
For the sloppy joes, put the onion in a pan with a bit of EVOO and sauté for about 8 minutes, until the onions are soft. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes, until heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve on hamburger buns.