It’s Friday again! Hurray! My husband is coming home today after being gone for two weeks, so that makes it an especially good Friday. So here are the 5 questions to learn a little about me
1. Can you drive a stick shift?
Yes! I actually prefer driving a standard, although my present car is an automatic. First one I’ve had since college that wasn’t a stick. I really do miss it!
2. What are two foods you just can’t eat?
Cow in any form – I haven’t eaten red meat since high school sometime. Although I can tolerate taking a bite of chicken every now and then, red meat just totally grosses me out.
Southern style greens – For years, I thought I hated greens. And then one day I discovered that it’s the cooking method that turned them into a mushy slimy smelly mess that I hated. Now I eat greens all of the time – quickly sauteed in garlic and EVOO, or thrown into soups and chilis. I never knew what I was missing!
3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?
Even though I once was a Girl Scout, I don’t buy the cookies very often. We aren’t big sweet eaters in this house, so they’d end up lost and forgotten, so I leave them for the people who have genuine love for them. I used to love samosas, but they changed the recipe on me and they aren’t the same!
4. How do you pamper yourself? I don’t. I should, but I don’t. My husband is gone a lot, which leaves me with the munchkin most of the time – and on my days off I tend to spend them cleaning and catching up on my blog and stuff like that. So other than a glass of wine at night after the munchkin is in bed, there isn’t much pampering!
5. What is your nickname and how did you get it? When I was in high school a lot of people called me Little O – that’s the only nickname I’ve ever had! My best friend gave it to me because I was pretty tiny in high school and my last name started with an “O”. I think I’m just not a nickname kind of person!