This soup comes together quickly, and is a delicious way to use up some greens! Feel free to substitute any type of greens you like into the soup.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (9 ounce) packages fresh ravioli or tortellini (I used wild mushroom)
- Cracked black pepper
- 10-16 ounces fresh collards or other greens, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated romano cheese (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Saute the onion and garlic, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add broth and tomatoes. Use hand blender to blend soup if you like a smooth consistency.
- Turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- When tortellini is almost done, add greens and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Cook until greens wilt and serve immediately.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
|Tomato and Ravioli Collard Soup|