Recently, I got to attend the Thanksgiving veggie potluck with Little Miss and her cousin. With our busy schedule, I rarely get to attend anymore, and it’s something I really miss. This month was our early Thanksgiving meal. Everything was so delicious! Since I had a hard squash and some pears that needed using, I made this dish. I loved the sweet and savory combo!
- 1 large or 2 small hard winter squashes
- 2 cups chopped pears
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 T orange juice
- 6 T honey
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast squash just until soft enough to peel and cut more easily (about 30 minutes).
- After squash is cooled, cut into cubes and place in 8″x8″ baking pan.
- Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour on top of squash, and bake 45 minutes, until squash is tender.